The Da Vinci Code Tour Of Scotland
Scotland - Order FREE Travel Brochure!.
Dan Brown’s intriguing novel “The Da Vinci Code” has proved a must-read thriller, which has captivated millions around the globe. Now made into a Hollywood blockbuster starring Tom Hanks, the controversial tale is based around a complex code hidden in the art-works of Leonardo da Vinci.
The novel features 15th century Rosslyn Chapel, just 7 miles from Edinburgh. The conspiracy theory suggests there are religious relics from the time of Christ, which may well be kept at Rosslyn, under the protection of a secret society similar to the Knights Templar.
During a hop-on hop-off city tour of the majestic City of Edinburgh you may wish to visit the Edinburgh Writers Museum on the Royal Mile, or the National Gallery of Scotland on The Mound. You then have the option to be entertained by the Edinburgh Literary Pub Tour, Auld Reekie Ghost Tour, or the mysterious new tour of Gilmerton Cove – which possibly has its own links to the Knights Templar.
Depart Edinburgh and venture north to Aberdeenshire, at one time the homeland of the Knights Templar, for a further 2 nights stay. You have the flexibility of a self-drive car included for this portion of your trip, allowing you to tour the area at your leisure. Aberdeenshire is famous for the Castle and Whisky trails, there are also numerous stone circles and Pictish sites to explore. Your stay may well take a spooky twist as your hotel is reputed to be haunted!
- 2 night’s bed and full Scottish breakfast in a traditional Edinburgh hotel, based on 2 sharing a standard twin/double room.
- 2 nights bed and full Scottish breakfast in an historic hotel in Aberdeen, complete with resident ghost, based on 2 sharing a standard twin/double room.
- Half day escorted Da Vinci Code tour to Rosslyn (including entrance fee to the Chapel)
- Either the Edinburgh Literary Pub Tour, Auld Reekie Tour, or Gilmerton Cove Tour
- Historic Scotland 3 day Explorer Pass
- National Trust for Scotland 2 day Discovery Ticket
- Hire of a manual Fiesta (or similar) including collision damage waiver, excess reducer, third party insurance and VAT (Aberdeen section only – based on drop at Edinburgh Airport)
- VAT at current rate
Minimum Per Person Price: 879 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 879 US Dollar (USD)
Airfare is not included in the tour price. US$879.00 per person sharing.